Pages

Recent Beauty Buys.

Thursday, October 6, 2011


I've been loving MAC lately, previously I only ever purchased their lipsticks but I'm loving their eye shadows. No wonder why there is always hype around them! 

My fave lip balms at the moment are from  Burt's Bees, they are so moisturising, I have the mango one as well which I've been using everyday.

My skin has been really bad the past few weeks, I've been breaking out like crazy! My skin is usually dry but I've noticed that it has become more oily for some reason? After watching Kandee's recent video on clear skin I thought I'd try out the Dermalogica Clean Start kit that she recommended, however once it arrived my skin started to get a little better so I haven't actually tried it out yet. I've just been cleansing & moisturising for the past few days whilst my skin slowly gets better. I also read the ingredients & realised the active ingredient in the products are Salicylic Acid, which I've heard a lot of people seem to be allergic to so I'm scared to use it! 

Before my Dermalogica kit arrived, I popped in Superdrug the other day & suddenly wanted to try some face washes, cheaper alternatives to what I'm currently using. I have been using the Clean&Clear one in the mornings & its really nice & refreshing. Its just a really quick & easy face wash which works well! I bought the Neutrogena ones because I remember someone recommending it & it smells so nice! However I went home & looked for reviews online & it seems like A LOT of people are allergic to the Salicylic Acid in it, I had no idea what it was. I had to go on google & do a bit of research! But yeah, I'm scared I'll be allergic to it too seeing as my skin is quite sensitive!

I have been wanting to try Estee Lauder's Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher for ages so I finally went to purchase it a few weeks ago, but somehow the lady sold me the Even Skintone Illuminator instead, I didn't even realise until I got home but I thought I'd try it anyway. I did like it but I still wanted to try the other one so I went back the next week & purchased that one as well. I was expecting it to be really good, my skin was really bad at that time & I just wanted something which would be quick & effective. I like the consistency but it didn't seem to do much for me, maybe I didn't use it for long enough? I did see changes with the Even Skintone Illuminator though so I used that during the night & the Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher in the mornings. My skin was slowly getting better but I started breaking out in other areas of my face as well so I've stopped using any toners and serums at the moment until my skin clears up & maybe I'll find what the problem is.

I had a sudden urge to try out some Lush products the other day, I have no idea why I've never tried them before. I purchased a few things from their online store & received the package this morning. I've tried the Snow Fairy Shower Gel & it smells amazingggg! No wonder why its a bestseller!

& thats it! I started my degree this week, studying is draining me out. I feel so tired all the time! Its pretty usual for me when I'm studying, especially after having 19 weeks off! Its just getting back into the routine again I suppose. But yeah.. I hope everyone has been well!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
My Ping in TotalPing.com

Most Reading